|Part/Pure Breed||Pure Breed|
|Dressage Eventing Jumpers / Show Jumper Sports General|
|SPS, PS + ES Contessa V||EH Michelangelo|
|PS + ES Coronna III|
The beautiful grey Trakehner stallion Contis was crowd favourite at the main Trakehner grading in Neumünster in October 2006. Godington Stud is proud to present this equine superstar, who offers refinement and quality to improve a wide variety of mares.
• An athletic and attractive stallion to refine a wide variety of mares
• Typey, sympathetic, alert, expressive, light of foot and balanced; elegant and compact from his graceful top-line and desirable uphill paces.• A pedigree bursting with quality and performance on both sides.
• In 2008-12 he lived up to promise under saddle. Completing his Performance Test at Class 1 Elite, he qualified for the 4, 5, 6yo and Novice eventing Championships and is now qualified CCI2*.
• Having reached Intermediate in eventing, a career change has taken Contis into dressage. He continues to deliver, qualifying in just a handful of outings for both Elementary and Medium Regional Finals in competitive Open classes in his first season.
• His first foal crops excelled, attracting widespread acclaim and filling three out of four Championship slots at the Annual Trakehner Show.
• The only eligible filly from his first crop achieved Premium level at her grading in 2011, and his three year old colt Godington Utah was approved for breeding at his stallion grading in 2012.
Contis' sire is the Premium stallion Interconti, an exceptional mover with clear influence as a refiner, who has enjoyed remarkable success with his early foal crops. Interconti's breeding contains an extraordinary concentration of the important performance-oriented bloodlines of the modern Trakehner breed and represents a potent addition to any pedigree. Interconti is the last son of the great Consul, a sire of great influence through his sons as well as his daughters, and in both the Trakehner and the Hanoverian breeds in Germany and internationally. Interconti's dam sire is Mahagoni, the most important Trakehner dressage sire of the last 60 years, and his dam line also produced the Bundeschampion Induc among many others.
Contis' dam, the double Premium mare Contessa, is by the elite stallion and 2006 Trakehner stallion of the year Michelangelo, a highly significant sire graded for the Trakehner, Hanoverian, Oldenburger, KWPN, Danish and Swedish studbooks, with progeny at advanced level in dressage, eventing, show jumping and driving. Michelangelo is the top Trakehner mare sire by grading marks for the fourth year running; he produces highly rideable and elegant horses with good temperament and outstanding paces.
£600 no foal free return (Oct 1st) natural cover; AI terms on request
|Proven Progeny||Contis has proven himself to be reliable in passing on his temperament, athleticism and elegance. His first foal crops excelled, attracting widespread acclaim and filling three out of four Championship slots at the Annual Trakehner Show. Youngstock from a wide variety of mares have had success in the showring, including a Premium-graded mare from his first crop, Reserve Champion Part-bred 2011, and a graded stallion, Godington Utah, who was approved for breeding in 2012 and completed his Performance Test with record marks in 2013. Progeny from Contis’ first crop began competing in 2012, showing precocious talent; in 2013, a five-year-old filly had already amassed 9 eventing points in her first half-season at Novice, going on in Autumn 2014 to an impressive debut at Intermediate and CCI1*. In 2015 a series of scorching runs at Intermediate and CIC2* saw her qualify for CCI2**, while in 2016 she was only baulked of an Intermediate win by a rider selected for Rio.|
|Cannon Bone Information||9|
|Graded studbook||TRAK - Trakehner Verband e.v. - Performance tested by NASTA at Class 1 Elite|